The pain radiated through my leg and I just sat there trying to find the position that hurt less. I called out for help but found I was ignored by passersbyers and other times there was just no one around. Some heard of my discomfort and stayed put while others assisted me in every possible way. I cried they laughed. I cried they laughed and then assisted me. In that very moment I came to understand a few things :
- You can never know the intensity of another individual’s pain until you have had first hand experience. I know this is said so much, but it is the truth.
- When you see a person suffering from a physical disability by all means help them and go the extra mile for them. You do not know what it is like to drag yourself to the toilet because your legs can’t function. You do not know the difficulty it takes to chop food up or climb stairs when your body was not made to do those task. You do not know the difficulty in trying to remember what you learned when your mind can not retain information.
- When you can’t understand others disabilities one day you may find yourself in a situation where you temporarily or permanently find yourself in their shoes. So be kind. Be very kind. Life makes drastic changes.
- The pain you feel may be minor to the pain that comes as a result of trying to solve an issue that is meant to humble you.
- Recognize the human that is you. Sometimes you may feel that you are indestructible or that natural substances can not have an affect on you and so you treat your life carelessly never attempting to get things under control.
1 Peter 1:24New International Version (NIV)
“All people are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
You only have one life to live. Do not treat it carelessly. If you avoid some paths you may save yourself many troubles.
- Remember no matter how great the ailment do not curse God for your creation, do not curse him for your pain, do not curse him because it seems you are the only one suffering and do not degrade yourself for not being healthy.
- Regardless of who is at fault for your condition-whether it is yourself, your parents, a friend, an ex, a stranger, whoever….Cast all blame aside and remember that ALL things not some things work out for your good. ALL THINGS WORK OUT FOR YOUR GOOD.
Romans 8:28King James Version (KJV)
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.